Housewives wants nsa Fortville Housewives wants nsa Fortville Register Login Contact Us

Altoona AL wife swapping


Online: Now


Let me Concentrate on swappng m4w I am waiting to meet someone for a NSA realtionshiop were I Altoona AL wife swapping just concentrate on pleasing you sexually. Can You Take A Deeply Romantic (Yet Strong) Man Seriously. Attention cougars I'm in my late 30's looking Altoona AL wife swapping an older woman40-50. I INSERT Alfoona FINGER AND THEN 2 FINGERS AS I FINGER FUCK YOU I BEGIN TO BITE EVER SO GENTLY ON YOUR SWOLLEN CLIT AS I FLICK IT BACK AND FORTH WITH MY TONGUE AS YOU GET WETTER AND WETTER.

Relationship Status:Not married
Seeking:I Ready Private Sex
City:Eagle Mountain
Relation Type:Forest Women Looking Date For Sex

Altoona AL wife swapping

Women Wants Hot Sex Depoe Bay Oregon

FWB, SOME ONE TO HANG OUT WITH ALSO m4w lesbian, close Altoona AL wife swapping hair cut. Plez no Dick picks.

You have a small, slight build, and light brown skin. What does a man have to do to find a woman that wants what every woman should want. I'm an attached, black girl. Foot Rubs Full Body Mboobsages Home Cooked DinnersLong Handheld WalksOK, now if you had a good laugh (or even can relate) you are light hearted enough, and we will probably get along, and I'd love to hear from you :-) We can meet somewhere or you host. I want a girl who is fun and loves to do anything that spikes an interest.


Browse our free sex personals according to region. Here we list all the local swingers contacts from Alabama, USA , the best sex clubs, public and private parties. To make it very convenient for you we have a directory with the most recent contacts and you can see their profile picture, their short description, age and sexual preferences. The content you are looking for is reserved for site members only. Please signup to get access, it's FREE.

Local Alabama swingers and dogging sex contacts Browse our free sex personals according to region. Feast your eyes on our online gallery featuring sexy photos and videos. I'm down for friends, play partners, or more. Lets see where things go: USA , Alabama , Albertville.

Cpl looking for some fun with a lady leannaharkey 34, 31 Straight Male, Bi Female Discreet Meets Friendship Long Term Regular Meets Threesomes We are a happy couple seeking a woman to have some fun with from time to time and maybe a relationship with her later. USA , Alabama , Fayette. We're looking to satisfy me!!! He understands, but wants to participate. I'm in HEAT right now!!! I'm a full figure bbw, quiet, shy, open minded, and fun!!!

USA , Alabama , Montgomery. My husband and I are looking for white couples that are up for some fun and excitement! We have never done this before but we want to share in this experience together My husband is 44 year old white Male.

We are looking to play out fantasy with another adventurous couple. I would like to experiment with a woman. USA , Alabama , Enterprise. Hmu, if I don't first. USA , Alabama , Guntersville. Tall tanned untamed and ready! USA , Alabama , Warrior. Tell me all of your kinksss I am just finding myself in this lifestyle and leaning more to the thou.. USA , Alabama , Selma. I enjoy the outdoors especially going to the lake house and doing all types of water Activities.

Also fishing or just chilli.. USA , Alabama , Huntsville. Just koolin looking for fun.. We can't answer any messages. USA , Alabama , Odenville. Gentlemen at heart and looking Stwha69 50 Straight Male Long Term Relationship Mature I'm looking for a beautiful woman to enjoy life with and have lots of fun in the sack in all different positions.

USA , Alabama , Salem. My biggest turn on is to bring you pleasure. Nothing pleases me more than to bring someone right to exctacy and watch them rel.. USA , Alabama , Jasper. I enjoy doing a lot of things.


Alabama swingers contacts - free sex and dogging in Alabama, USA

I call back and talk with a front end manager. I sense this person does not care all that much about lack of customer service. I punch building materials lumber desk.

I call the north store and miracle oh blue bird of happiness talk with a human. I recently placed an order on line for a table top. It arrived damaged…all four corners and the edging. I have followed protocol and contacted via email. I have also called corporate 3 times today. I should have read the reviews before ordering.

Very poor customer service, very poor shipping practices table was in a box weith no packing material and no corner protection , very slow return process, and very slow quality assurance.

Some of the damage was to the edging of the table, meaning it did not occur during shipping. The table had to have been damaged before shipping, meaning no one inspected it first. My husband and I visited the new store located in Taylor Michigan this weekend. After spending a couple of hours in the store deciding on patio furniture, we decided on a cheaper set that was on sale for a temporary fix for the summer. The sales person, Chris Harden, was awesome, gathered all the pieces and upsold us all the way to the cashier…he was just that good and appeared to love his job.

After paying for our items…totaling approx. I quickly made this known before leaving the store. The salesperson who was still with us and the front store manager, Jennifer, immediately took action to get it corrected. However, the General Manager, Chris Fisher, was not management material by Menards standards or any other corporation standard as far as I was concerned.

The display showed 4 chairs and a table which we paid for…however, the wrong chairs were with the tables that was on display. Apparently, they ran out of chairs of the original set and put the upgraded chairs with the table without changing the price or making note on the display.

So apparently, the sales guy, along with us, thought that the set we visually saw was the set that we purchased. The sales guy actually pulled the merchandised from stock.

Instead of being accommodating for his store mishap, he refused and denied any attempts to make it right for the customer. He did offer to order the chairs that were supposed to come with the set which would take several days to get to the store and we would have to go back to the store to pick them up. Especially if it is an error on the store and not the customer!!!!

Menards pride themselves on making the customer happy, as all good companies do, however, Chris Fisher apparently did not get adequate training and is not GM material. Thank you Chris Fisher for being an incompetent GM of a brand new Menards store and losing money and a new customer…because obvious the customer and sale was so low of a priority to you!

Good Luck Menards with a GM like that…. I also paid for delivery at this time. I was told, it would most likely be in by 2 weeks. Worst part,,, the full order is at their store!! Get out of here! A store like Menards only has one guy to deliver??? Also, supposedly, the guy just up and went home. Never told anyone, and now, not answering his phone. In the back of this irresponsible idiots truck??

This is not a business that I care to deal with again! I have had to continually call them, not once until tonight have they called me!!! Where is my stuff!! I will tell you, either I get my order first thing tomorrow am, or I will get my money back!!! They have already screwed my whole summer project at this point!!!

Just got a call from my contractor, Menards told him one entire roll of fencing is damaged Not usable!! So was the whole story about the truck driver a lie?? I will be going there in the morning!! Like how my comment is awaiting moderation,,, wonder if that will take as long as a fence order!! Probably just as many stories! Finally received our order today, except for one last roll of fencing which will take another week to get!

Whole story about the delivery guy just taking off was bs as well. Talked to the guy. Honestly, he is the only truthful person we dealt with the entire time. Never did get it.

Sincerely, J Terlikowski ,. My experience was at the Menards in St. Louis on Hanley Rd. My parents, husband, and I went to look at tile for their bathroom floor. After looking for some time, they decided on a tile that they might like. They decided to buy a box, take it home, and determine if it was right for them. There were only 9 boxes of tile left after we purchased the one box already it was advertised as on sale so my dad decided to go back and buy the rest of the tile for the floor.

That did not happen. A porter helped him wheel the tile out of the store and put it into his car. Less than one week later, his card was charged for the full amount of the tile without any authorization. How is it possible that he paid for 9 tiles when there are 8 tiles in a box and he left with 9 boxes? Also, how is it possible that he left with unpaid merchandise when he asked about the price and their employee keyed in the adjusted price for each box of tile? Also, he has a receipt and both encounters are on video, per Josh.

After my dad left and told us what happened, I called and spoke with Josh myself. At which time, Josh told me that this ordeal is our fault and that we should have protested the original price harder. Then sold 9 more for the same price, but that is our fault? And then they took additional money from his account without authorization to pay for the original cost of the tile and continued to imply that he stole it.

We were given two options, contact the headquarters which is recording telling you to write in the complaint or return the tile to get all of your money back. Neither I nor my family will ever go to a Menards again and will be sure to let everyone know it. You should go to your bank and place a fraud suit against them! They charged you bank without permission even though you have proof of purchase!! We have spent thousands of dollars at Menards over the years, with generally good results.

Tonight was a completely different story. We proceeded to the Building department to place an order for the next shipment, and paid for 40 bags in advance. On June 12, we received email notification that the mulch was ready to be picked up. We went to the store on June 14, presuming that it would be set aside since it had been paid for. We had already prepared and weeded the areas, had a truck available for pickup, and went home empty handed with a promise that they will deliver it when it gets restocked.

I am not excited about weeding the large gardens again 40 bags, remember and making three trips to check on availability too—not very customer friendly. May I suggest that when a customer actually pays up front, you fill the orders in the order in which they were paid? We ordered this at 9: I doubt there were many folks there before us—and we will be waiting for a few more weeks, it appears.

Can you fix this problem for future customers? I been shopping at Menards at Columbus East and had a good experience. There was no apology for their error of any type of solution as i have contractors waiting at home to finish the work. My frustration was similar with Menards. I needed a significant amount of landscape rock and rather than make 10 trips to pick it up decided to have delivered. I will grant their employees were polite.

When I asked about this they said well in the fine print on the order process it says there might be additional handling charges. Not a complaint but more of a question and to understand better. It seems here at Menards we run sales of some sort almost weekly. Which means there is always tons of paperwork for the department managers and assistants to do. The truth is most managers have so much paperwork to do that they rarely have time to be managers at all except in title.

It is very hard for managers to really understand and know what is going on in their own departments in many instances. Their heads are filled with sales and adding sales prices to items.

If the managers are freed up more to do the jobs they were hired to do I believe everyone from top to bottom would benefit from this. So I guess my question is does anyone look into this sort of thing to make our stores better?

I am sure they have to in a changing society. Go in a store and just observe the constant trail of paperwork and the lack of guest assistance due to the overwhelming load of sales paperwork and price changing.

So much that many times the full time employees are also doing paperwork on sales. You wonder who is assisting guests? Thanks for you time. Just an observation and question to understand the real commitment. My experience was bad at Menards on State Street in Saginaw. Mi On Saturday April 6th about am I went to get some carpet for my home.

I stood at the desk in carpet area for over 30 minutes nobody was in sight. Finally a lady came by me. I tired to talk to her and she just walked away from me. So at that time I was mad. But i thought maybe she was busy. So i left store and came back around 12pm. Same thing nobody in carpet area.

Finally i seen same lady. I tired to talk to her again. She totally ignored me and walked by me. I know she seen me. Because I addressed her. And told her i needed carpet. She acted like I was not even there….. So i left store again. Still same thing nobody in carpet area. By now i so mad. And so was my mom. Finally I went to paint area and asked lady who was working if she could call somebody to help me in carpet area.

This lady in paint area was very nice she explained to me that there was only one lady in carpet area. The other employee called in. She call her for me. But it may take awhile for her to get to me. While walking to carpet area a another customer stopped her. To ask her about tile. I stood there waited again for my turn. Guess what she walked away again 3rd time. At this point i chased her down threw store. I remained calm But i was very upset.

I told her i need carpet again. I needed it 16 feet long. I got my carpet and i ok with everything. I was mad i had to make 3 trips to store but i got my carpet. I was just happy to finally get home. On Wednesday April 11th I went to put my carpet in..

OMG she cut it to short it was cut 12 feet long. So to make story short 3 trips to Menards in one day and still they got my order wrong. This is very big disappointment to me. Now i got seam in middle of my room. And since the carpet has pattern to it. It does not match because i have go back to store and get carpet going in other direction. I so just deal with seam with big area rug over it ;.

I then noticed it went on sale, and tried to get the adjustment. Only to be told by Ray, Mr. Thank you in advance. Becky Wolff Thank you for your time. Me, my daughter and son-in-law does alot of business with Menards in Lima, Ohio. I just purchased a stove and refrigerator from there. I was real happy over the new stove. Which we pick up. The refrigerator I had to wait over 2 weeks and had it delivered.

The delivery service was very professional. But once they had the refrigerator sat up and into place. I noticed dents on both sides of the refrigerator. The handles on the refrigerator was scuffed up also. Right, away I called Menards up and told them about it and also took pictures of the the damage.

The appliance manager had told me me she would take so much off the refrigerator. So that meant no rebate for me. I was pretty upset about that so I went up to menards talk to the store manager and also showed them the pictures. Finally they told me they would take it off my credit card. I did look at my credit account and it did have a return item credit on it. Before this all took place with the refrigerator I also ordered online a range hood from menards for above my new stove.

Guess what It just came in and this was sent to me straight from the broan factory in Wi. Is all of menards stuff of low quality? Cause so far I have had no luck with your stores. Four years ago, I had ordered a kit for a deck which menards delivered that. The lumber was very bad qaulity. Before the deck was constructed, I wish I would had looked more closely at the lumber. Because I believe I would had told them to take it right back. I should had learnt my lesson back than.

It poured water out of the front. Numerous attempts to get it to work failed. I called the store to request an exchange and was told I only had a 7 day window and would have to deal with Whirlpool. I did some research and did not find any of this model that had the problem mine has and was willing to take an exchange for the same model, which was in stock. I ultimatley spoke to the manager, Jason McCarty sic?

I was stunned that this was required, I paid Menards, not Whirlpool. Nonetheless, I was told he would call back; he never did. I reiterated my dissatisfaction and need for resolution today. She then called the Whirlpool rep, I was told, and called me back to tell me that she left a voicemail and that normal turnaround time was days.

I explained I needed this resolved today as my kitchen is torn apart, I paid Menards and was never told of a 7 day window and was not satisfied. I was hung up upon. The half dozen people I have told so far were equally surprised at your policy, and appalled at your service level to date. I run my business based on service, and know things can get disjointed. But sanity eventually wins out. I trust in this case sooner than later for both our best interests.

After reading others comments mine is petty, we went to the local store to pick out shelves for our new wall barnwood, which was purchased at the same store the store only had one shelf we needed 2 I went home and placed an order my cheap 2.

After a total of 5 calls to the store with an assurance of a call back…still nothing. Your email customer service is a joke with a canned message. You are costing me money, so now I am going to cost you money. You had me paying for this item in full upfront with knowledge of unpleasant deliveries, a good company would have sent their own company truck to Ohio to fetch my item.

I need my counter tops, I need to reimburse for my inconveniences. After almost 13 years of employment with Menards I recently found a better opportunity for me and my family and accepted a new career path. On December 19th I put in my 2 week notice. I had never missed a day of work, always showed up early to get prepared for the day, and worked all my days off. My team members and I got along very well and we did what we could to get things done the most efficient as possible.

For nearly 13 years Menards was my second home. That all changed on December 26th, Just one week short of completing my two week notice, I was told by Aaron Simon Concrete Manager that I was no longer needed and not to come back to work the next day. I asked him if I could complete my 2 weeks and he firmly said no. Now anyone who has bills especially around this time of year knows that a week worth of pay can make a huge difference.

He not only screwed me out of a pay check, but the reason they let me go before my 2 weeks was up was so they did not have to pay me for my 4 weeks of vacation I had coming. Everyone is just a number when you work for Menards. Family does not matter. Values are thrown out the window. Managers care more about their bank accounts then they do their employees. Maybe this email will put in to perspective on why Menards has a bad reputation and why they can not get people to work for them.

This response that I received from someone named Ray in customer service is about the most pathetic response to a customer complaint that I have ever seen. No concern what so ever. I have been a customer of Menards for years but no more. They could care less. Menards return policy calls for the returns to be refunded in the same method that was used when the product was originally purchased.

Being that your purchases included a store merchandise credit, that is the first payment type that we refund. We appreciate your business and apologize for the inconvenience. Friday, March 30, When I returned the items I was told I had to accept an in store credit. So I asked for cash instead of an in store credit and was refused.

I believe this is an unfair practice and am asking that Menards review their policy. When I shop at any business I value customer service and look for them to match up with my needs. I sent an email early this week and have yet to receive a response, which I might add, is disappointing. I also talked to Dave, the store manager, about this issue.

I hope a response to this email is more timely with a favorable answer. Disclosure of this communication is strictly limited to the intended recipient. This communication and its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.

Receipt by any person or entity other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver or loss of the confidential or privileged nature of this communication. Any review, dissemination, copying, resubmission, transfer, or distribution in any form by any person or entity other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete any and all copies of this communication and any attachments.

Failure to abide by these provisions will result in legal and equitable action taken against you, as identified in 18 U. I have had the absolute worst customer experience, I have every had from this store and its management team. So we went back to the store and asked the Manager on duty in that department ,what could be done to get this back in a timely Fashion since we have waited 4 weeks to get this one , he said he would call the vendor and get back to me , but it may be faster to credit this one that is wrong and place a new order and let them know that they made a mistake and he needs this vanity back in a couple weeks.

I never received the phone follow-up back from Robert as promised ,so I called back the following day to get news of what he figured out. I go to the store and 6: I receive a call from the general manger Kevin Harrison. He asked what he could do and I explained the issue again. I realized that I had not heard from anyone on the so I email Kevin today , he has Stan from that department call me and let me know that this vanity will not be in till after charismas.

I asked to speak to Kevin , he tell me he has done all he can do and I can wait for it or just stop the order , I told him he has not done all he can do , he said are you calling me a liar? This manager is very rude and felt it ok to talk down to me as if I am stupid , he obviously cannot see from the customers side on this. I deal with clients every day and no we are not perfect here either ,but we do understand that if it is not something the customer did to cause the problem we fix it without question and do what we need to do to make the experience better.

Door was to arrive in 3 weeks. After 4 weeks passed I called to find out status and was told it was there! Finally found door got door home, called carpenter out who tore sideing off and framing off my home only to discover the door was not the correct size. Rented truck again to return.. Called and spoke to I believe Luke who said he was a manger and a door expert and assured me that it was the fault of Byron and that the door we actually needed was a custom order and we would have to come in and re order.

Derek helped this time and assured me that he knew exactly what he was doing and the this would be handled as an even exchange. I even had Derek sign the receipt stating this was an even exchange for paid incorrect door and we did not receive any refund.

Derek said that the door had been refunded and that he could not go forward until payment was made. I then spoke to Austin who after about a half hour did find that I was never refunded and that the door could proceed… At this point it is now November.

I have rented a truck twice and have hired a carpenter have traveled to the store twice to try to purchase a door and have had to clock out of work to make these phone calls!! I explain to Austin that this has been so disappointing and I ask him to compensate me for My time and Expense and he said no. And he said fine and cancelled the transaction and said I would get my refund back into my checking account. I asked for a manager again and was told no way around it so I drove over to get my refund — I have a ton of home improvement projects going right now and hired a glass block installation for a window..

Just got the email from the installer stating that he has to reschedule due to the window he just went to pick up is delayed! I asked from where? I had no idea that he ordered the window from Menards!! Totally stopped that one before it turned in to another total fiasco!

This is meant for your corporate location in Eau Claire so please forward. We ordered countertops online from Menards and a day after receiving the email they were in we went to pick them up. Nobody could give an answer as to where or when they would be in. What horrible customer service and a waste of our entire evening together as a family to come home with no countertops! We will never shop Menards again I have never seen anything like this and have been a manager in customer service for years.

This is a great way to loose loyal customers and have them tell others about their bad experience with your company. Not a happy customer right now, i went to menards with all my dimensions for new kitchen cabinets.

So i buy all new drywall,new outlets and switches,new wiring and pex plumbing and new bar lights plus new cabinets so i have alot of money invested that was paid to menards.

So we then prefit the rest of my cabinets and i am to have a 4ft bar area but they gave me a 6ft bar and thats incorrect so i go back out to menards and tell tiffany baldy and she goes through my file and fixed everything up for me, this lady is the best out there and it would be a major loss to ever lose her..

She is flatout damn good at what she does in the cabinets. My plan was to have this done by the holidays but that cant happen now. I toss the cabinets in the truck that need exchanged along with the right side blind cabinet and head to menards again.. I cursed several times and i am not happy bout the whole process of this.. I am not the only one installing these and i am paying my help but now everything is on a hold from a messed up kitchen design from someone that wasnt experienced enough in this field I have gone through enough hassle and ready to change locations if this issue isnt dealt with.

Menards has a sign that says Go Green, bring us your mattress and box springs, we will dispose. Soooooooo we load them up and bring them. Then they instruct us to fill out the rental forms for a truck we do not need to rent, because we already have the mattresses….. Last Friday I had to call for them to check if they had the same flooring I was putting at my house. Apple valley They did.

So me and the wife decide it to return a light for the outside of my house. So i drove 45 miles to get the flooring. Not to mention I had to stop in Dundas to pick up the rest for a total of 21 boxes. I proceeded to approach the service desk when my turn was up I had this girl that just gave me the dirtiest look.

I ignored her comment and said cash. She than asked for my drivers license than walked away with out saying anything. I asked for my light back she declined stating that the papers had been send already so I was screwed.

So I still when to the flooring department and bought my flooring. Goes behind the counter and just sat there till I paid and walk out. That was my high light of the night. I am sick and tired of the low toilets in your bathrooms. I am almost on the floor and it is difficult to get up. I am not handicapped so try to use regular stalks but it would be totally embarrassing if someone has to get me up. The worst customer service I have ever recived.

This all started back labor day weekend. We went to the kenosha menards to purchase a garage. We first started with an generic estimate, they told us we could a change things if we decided to purchase it colors ect.

We decided to go back the next day and make the changes and purchase the building. The next day we were looking at our house and wondered how much it would cost to buy the siding to match the garage color we picked.

I called the store to tell them what I found and to ask them about the siding. His response was thats the price whether you take the siding or not. I was angry at this point I told him to just cancel the whole thing. He said please wait while I get my manager. I said it was purchased the day before and to just cancel the order he said the he would try but if the truss company started to make them it was to late. He finally gave me the credit for the included siding toward my upgraded siding. I thought I go thru with it against my better judgement and went on my way.

My contractor good friend came out to review the paper work and found a bunch of mistakes, expensive mistakes, wrong materials ect. Back to the store again to try and make the corrections. After 10 hours in the store we finally thought we had everything corrected and now time to wait on the delivery.

So back to the store we went fought with them again and they said I should have caught their mistake, not just the trusses now the steel roofing was also wrong because it is pre cut for the trusses from the factory.

I went to the store the next morning, told them we would order the proper trusses and the new steel roofing and I was going to keep the steel roofing I had. We paid for our new materials and waited til this morning for our order. The GM called to let me know that the truck should be at my home in 30 minutes or so.

I said ok thank you.. The driver same driver as the first time gets out of the truck and asked if the store had told me about the handling fees? I told him I talked to the GM and said nothing about any fees.. I said you have to pick up the wrong trusses anyways. I said over 20 ft? I then called the store again and the driver left with out stuff on the truck. Told the store we refused delivery.

Off to the store yet again to try and get thing worked out yet again. The GM took the drivers side and called me a liar on where I said it was to be staged. I was so mad I left the store. My wife and contractor stayed in the store.. Now to contact the BBC. What happened to Customer Service at these stores??? I had a rebate from a previous big purchase — bought for me by a relative — so I went to the Beaver Dam Menards to buy products for another project.

It took asking four sales representatives before anyone would help me. I was shocked at the lack of customer service. A few days later when I went to start the project, I saw the crown molding I had bought — only a portion of the total purchase — would not lay flat on the wall.

It was warped as well as the wrong design for what I wanted. I returned the crown molding to the Madison East store. They would only refund my rebate — as a store credit. I wanted my money back. Michael Richard Donnell Sr. He retired after 35 years from the U. He then enjoyed several years of service as an attendant and tour guide at Watkins Glen State Park. He was a lifelong communicant of St. Michael enjoyed long walks, had great pride in his town and enthusiastically shared his knowledge of the area.

The family is forever grateful for the loving home care provided by Ashley and the support of many loving neighbors.

Special thanks to the staff of Seneca View Unit 1 for providing such exceptional care. He was also predeceased by his sister, Judy P. Lewis; brother, Max C. Palmer; and several brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law. Laurie Palmer, Barbara J. John Koehn and Bret A. Palmer II, Andrew G. Palmer and Talisa K. Palmer; one great-grandson, Brycen W. In retirement, he enjoyed time with family and friends, the outdoors, maintaining his home, lawn and flowers, providing for birds squirrels-not so much , and often lending a hand to family, friends, and neighbors.

Gary will be laid to rest at Scotchtown Cemetery at the convenience of the family. Those wishing to remember Gary, please consider contributions to St. Friends and family are invited to a graveside service on Tuesday, September 25 at 2: The family will receive friends on Tuesday, Sept. Interment at Sugar Hill Cemetery will be held at a later date. Cora was predeceased by her parents, Kenneth and Alice Cornish.

Age 75, of Catlin, NY, passed away on September 13, surrounded by his loving family. Born on June 2, , he served in the United States Army from through Archie was a meticulous woodworker, loved fishing, and enjoyed NASCAR, talking shop and drinking coffee with the guys. Archie is survived by his devoted partner of 24 years, Lois M. Archie was a devoted father, and will be dearly missed by all who knew him. Contributions may be made in his memory to the Humane Society of Schuyler County.

The family will receive friends at St. She is survived by her son and daughter-in-law, Dr. He was employed at Ben Weitsman of Ithaca. Matthew was a football fan and enjoyed going to the lake. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Saturday from p. A funeral service will follow at 2 p. Burial will be in Montour Cemetery at the convenience of the family.

Age 83, lifelong resident of Cayuta, NY, passed away on Friday, September 7, at home surrounded by his family. He bought his farm in where he resided until his death. He started working for Cotton-Hanlon at the age of 14 in , eventually becoming head sawyer, and worked there until While still employed at Cotton-Hanlon he established the Robert E.

Collins Sawmill in which he was actively involved with until his death. He was a member of the Cayuta Fire Brigade in his younger years, and was a member of the Cayuta Town Board for 20 years, serving as a town councilman from and town supervisor from He served as a Schuyler County legislator from , and was also a trustee for the Cayuta Free Church. He built his own stock car and began racing at the age of An avid softball player, he managed an adult league he and his friends established in the late s and early s.

His love of restoring and collecting antique tractors started in ; in this endeavor he owned more than 40 beautifully restored tractors. Shortly after that he became a member of the Chemung Valley Old Timers for many years, eventually becoming president of the club.

He shared his love of tractors with his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, spending many summers at tractor shows, and in later years his greatest joy was having his tractors in community parades driven by his daughter and grandchildren.

This past summer he taught his great granddaughter how to drive so she could drive in the parade with him. Spending time with his family, especially his great grandkids Kelsea, Megan, James Robert, Kali and LeeAnn, was one of his greatest joys. Bob is survived by his beloved wife of 62 years, Charlotte D.

Relatives and friends are invited to call on Saturday, September 15 from p. Maryann Haselman, maiden name Maryann Renninger, passed away at the age of 86 on Wednesday, August 29th. She was a graduate of Boonton High School and was married to Harold Haselman from until he passed away in She is also survived by her eight grandchildren and six great grandchildren. Maryann was an extremely strong, funny, caring, kind, and courageous woman who left a smile on the face of everyone she met.

Tri-Boro Animal Welfare, P. Box , Butler, NJ https: Reverend Mike Kelly will officiate. He graduated from Dundee Central School in He proudly served his country, enlisting in the U. Air Force immediately after graduation. He later joined and retired from the th U.

Richard retired from the U. Dick was a loving husband, father and grandfather who liked nothing better than spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren. He had a lifetime love of animals, loved spending time outdoors and especially loved keeping his property in pristine condition.

He also enjoyed golfing and horseshoes. Those wishing may consider a memorial donation to the Wounded Warriors Project www.

She was born in Holiday, PA on July 7, Lucille was a member of the Bible Baptist Church in Horseheads. She is survived by her son, Lewis Sharon Youngs of Pine Valley, NY; daughter-in-law, Dawn Youngs of South Dansville; five grandchildren; 15 great grandchildren; three great great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Waldo C.

Youngs; two sons, Waldo L. Youngs and Bernard E. Youngs; daughter-in-law, Nancy Youngs; and by three sisters and a brother. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Wednesday, September 5 from a. She retired from Cornell University after more than 35 years of employment there. Linda loved horses and was an avid horse rider. She was a member of the Odessa Baptist Church throughout her life.

She was predeceased by her parents; brother, Bill Lattin, and nephew, Drew Lattin. She is survived by her brother, John Laurie Lattin; sister-in-law, Martha Lattin; several nephews; and grandnieces and grandnephews.

Relatives and friends are invited to call on Tuesday, September 4 from A funeral service will follow at 1: Burial will be in Highland Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Odessa Baptist Church. Age 85, of Old Town, Florida passed away on August 25, Interment will follow at Lee Cemetery in Old Town. Please sign the online guest book at rickgoodingfuneralhomes.

She married her husband of 45 years, Edward J. Bette worked for many years for Dr. This was another job that she enjoyed immensely.

After her retirement, and then the passing of her beloved husband, Bette continued her love of landscaping and arts and crafts. She prided herself in her landscaping and the love of her flowers. She was predeceased by her husband, Edward J. Family and friends are invited to the Link at St. A Mass of Resurrection celebrating the life of Bette will be held at 11 a.

Burial will be at St. Eisman for the wonderful care and love she received while she was living there. She is survived by her sister Betty Starck and children: She was a head start educator in Montour Falls for many years.

Services will be private. Age 91, of Montour Falls, NY, passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family on August 21, He and his family relocated to this area when he was three years old. Jack enlisted in the U. After the war, he returned home and was employed at Corning Glass Works.

He retired from there in as a Furnace Construction Supervisor. A lifetime member of the National Geographic Society, Jack and his wife, Shirley, were lifelong world travelers. He was predeceased by his son, Matthew; great-granddaughter Lilian Shirley; his parents; brothers Thomas and Larry; a sister, Patricia; brother-in-law Robert Stout; and brother-in-law Robert Nastanovich. The family extends their gratitude to the staff of CareFirst for their kind and sensitive support of Jack and his family during his final days.

A graveside memorial service will be held on Sunday, September 9 at 1: Family and friends are invited to join. A self described "sinner saved, by grace," Bill was ready to meet his Lord and Savior. He was predeceased by his son, James Elkins. Bill was born in Ithaca, NY on January 16, , and lived in various parts of New York during his growing years, with his favorite being near Great Sacandaga Lake where he could fish most afternoons.

He met his wife in the Methodist youth group while attending Cornell University. Bill and Irene were married in After completion of a law degree from Cornell, Bill moved to Schuyler County, where he practiced law from until his retirement at age Highlights of his career included working for Henry Valent, starting the Schuyler Abstract Company with Irene in , opening a private practice, serving as Public Defender, and finally working as a law clerk for two judges for whom he had the utmost respect.

Bill was an active community member and was inducted into the Schuyler County Hall of Fame in He was also an avid letter writer, particularly regarding public policy and defense of our freedoms. He was always interested in sending a letter to the local paper for the editorial page.

His files contained many letters received from local and national public figures. The Elkins family very sincerely thanks the nurses and staff at Seneca View who took special care of Dad in his final months. We also thank those who visited and encouraged Mom and Dad during this difficult time.

Relatives and friends are invited to call on Thursday, August 23 from p. Funeral services will be held on Friday, August 24 at 1: Burial with full military honors will follow at Union Cemetery of Hector. Age 30, of Hector, NY, passed away on August 11, Tim returned to the United States in to pursue higher education and became a son to the Atwill family, who provided hearth and home to him throughout his college tenure and into adulthood.

He was a beloved brother to Shane Absalom. Tim was the former Assistant Manager at Seneca Springs Resort, where he was renowned for his warm hospitality and impeccable landscaping.

In , the Watkins Glen High School Interact Club the student affiliate of Rotary determined to provide an exchange experience for a student without resources from a developing country and raised the funds to do so. Tim Kamanga, a top student and devoted helper to the younger children, was chosen to be that Rotary Exchange Student.

Tim arrived in America with a handmade guitar, a small backpack, and a brave and beautiful heart. Each day was filled with wonders, and the boy who came from a small African village without electricity and plumbing was enthralled by each experience.

Tim was a serious and devoted student with an excellent command of English and a powerful love of music. The students and staff at Watkins Glen fell in love with the brilliant, soft spoken, and warm hearted boy, who taught them all about Malawi and opened their eyes and hearts to another world.

Rotary provided monthly support, exchange weekends, fund raising and guidance. Tim had family, friends, schoolmates, and community. His happiness was profound. The Atwills navigated the world of college applications, finances, visas and transportation with Tim and he flourished in the world of academia. His remarkable mind and his thirst for knowledge were paired with a mighty work ethic, and he studied long into the night. His interests were deep and varied and he had a command of world politics, religion, language, and science.

He was a gifted communicator who listened with deep interest and offered his ideas as an invitation. He played the guitar, the drums and the keyboard, as music was essential to his being. He was inspired by Bob Marley and jammed happily with his friends from every venue.

Tim loved the people of Hector and they loved him. He was a celebrity in the community where his gentle soul, genuine affection and respect for humanity made him a son of Seneca Lake. He was a gift to all who had the good fortune to hear his greeting of respect and feel his light. Tim spent his final years living with the family of Mitch and Debra Turner, where he was welcomed as son and brother to Jesse, Robert, and Jake.

A private burial will be held at the Seneca Union Cemetery, where Tim will be laid to rest over his beloved Seneca Lake. O Box , Burdett, NY or to gofundme. He was an iron worker with Northeastern Stud Welding, retiring after 37 years. Tom enjoyed hunting, racing, and collecting sports cards. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Saturday, August 11 from p.

A service will follow at 3: He worked in the medical industry as a Radiological Technologist for 30 years. Mark has touched the lives of many people throughout this country, from the east coast to the west coast; New York, Florida, California, and Oregon.

No formal service is planned due to the scattered nature of his loved ones and friends. The family invites all to raise a glass on Saturday, September 1 at 6: Pacific Time to celebrate Mark. John served with the U. Army in and retired from Willard State Hospital in after 37 years.

You could find John stripping wire and always up for a conversation at the redemption center. He will be greatly missed by many, especially by his grandson, Jonathan, who frequently joined him for lunch and was always there to help out when needed. John enjoyed hunting and fishing with his family, sharing his knowledge and traditions that will be carried on for years to come.

A private graveside service will be held in Seneca Union Cemetery in Valois at a later date. Box 46, Hector, NY Scott worked for States Farms Construction for 30 years.

A graveside service will be held on Saturday, August 11 at A memorial service will be held at 2: After graduating from high school, he enlisted in the U.

Army and served in Fort Knox, KY. He also loved the outdoors, especially hunting, flowers and wildlife. He was predeceased by his parents, as well as infant daughters, Cheryl Sue and Sharon Kay, and his brother, Robert Terry. The family wishes to thank the wonderful and caring staff at Soldiers and Sailors Hospital in Penn Yann for his excellent care.

The following obituary was submitted to The Odessa File by a family friend. He lived between New York and New Mexico during his short lifetime and has come back home to rest. Ray loved his family very much. He will be laid to rest on Friday July Friends and family are invited to join.

There will be a graveside ceremony at 11 a. After college, he served in the U. Bob worked for Shepard-Niles as a salesman from his home area of Connecticut. A graveside memorial service will be held at Glenwood Cemetery in Watkins Glen at You may express condolences to the family or "Light a Candle of Remembrance" online at www. James served with the U.

He loved the outdoors and was a good friend and neighbor. Private services will be held by the family. Duma and Andrew P.

He retired from Schuyler County as the Tax Assessor after many years of service. He was also a gunsmith and created custom stocks and checkering. Some of the proudest moments in Michael's life were obtaining full-time employment, driving his van, target shooting and hunting deer and turkey. He was a very active and devoted member of St. Mary's of the Lake Church. He enjoyed watching his nieces and nephews grow up and play college athletics.

Michael also enjoyed helping his brother-in-law with his farm business. Michael is survived by a sister, Ann Wolak, and her husband, Edward J. Klecha and Christian M. Also surviving are many cousins, co-workers and special friends, including Tony, Linda, John, Jim, Marcia and Kenny; and his feline buddy, Maynard. Michael was preceded in death by his mother, Phyllis J. Duma, and father, Andrew P. Wolak; and by sisters and brothers, Frances M. Wolak, John Wolak and Edward Wolak.

Visitation for Michael will be Monday, July 23 from Mary's of the Lake Church, Decatur St. A Funeral Mass will follow at Burial for Michael will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Watkins Glen. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Michael's memory may be made to St. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy for the Wolak family may be shared at www. He was predeceased by his wife of 49 years, Betty Jane Henry, in April Harland was a lifelong entrepreneur, ranging from Pepsi-Cola distribution to real estate to antiques.

He loved dancing, wood carving, and writing poetry. He was also grandpa to eight grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren. A special thanks to Dr. A private service will be held with his family. She enjoyed music, reading, flowers and chickadees, and taught accordion and guitar. Her favorite color was purple. A graveside service will be held on Friday, July 13 at 3 p. McGonigal Crispell Jane W.

Jane was born April 18, She was the younger daughter of William and Gladys Wigsten. Twenty years later, after raising two children, she returned to CCE working first in Schuyler and later Cortland counties. She was the assistant extension director for staff development at Cornell University until her retirement in Jane was a visionary in distance learning, launching the use of satellite technology connecting CCE Associations with each other and the public.

She was an active volunteer in her community. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church, where she served as a choir member, elder and Presbytery committee on ministry member. Jane is survived by her loving and devoted husband, Carl A.

Crispell, whom she married on January 3, Jane and Carl built a home, lovingly blended their families, worked at their farm on Coddington Road and traveled the country and world together.

Jane was predeceased by her parents, sister and brother-in-law Nancy and George Axinn, and sister-in-law Bev Poyer. Jane was a loving and devoted daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and aunt; a loyal friend, and a respected colleague to many. The family will provide flowers. Savoy of Lawrenceville, PA. He was preceded in death by his father, William R.

A memorial service will be announced at a later date. She was a member of St. Marian spent 20 years doing genealogy of her family. She loved to pick up sea shells on the beaches of Florida and Myrtle Beach. She was predeceased by her husband, Elmer Powell, in , and by her son, Larry Powell, in In accordance with her wishes, there will be no services. Age 83, took his final steps up to Jesus peacefully on June 26, Thanks to Care First for the wonderful care and support, especially Angie and Melissa.

Arrangements are by Barrett's Funeral Home, Elmira. A memorial celebration will be held at a later date. A memorial service celebrating her life will be held on Sunday, July 1 at Interment will be held Monday, July 2 at 3: She spent many years working with her friends in local area vineyards in the Finger Lakes. She really enjoyed her last few years with her friends in Jefferson Village in Watkins Glen. She taught and shared her sewing skills with her grandchildren.

Lillian enjoyed making special family recipes. She was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. She was active in her Christian faith, studying the Bible and praying for others. She was predeceased by her parents, several brothers and sisters, and her loving husband, Vincent Johnson. Survivors include three sons, Vincent Jr. Burial with military honors will be held at Beaver Dams Cemetery.

He worked as a Construction Superintendent in Florida and was a home and pool builder in his earlier years. He was also a motivational speaker and mentor to others at an organization he held dear. Williams and Phillip I. He is survived by his daughter, Jaime M. He also served in the U. Throughout his career he worked for Westinghouse Corp. Frank was a communicant of St. Age 73, of Watkins Glen passed away on Sunday, June 17, at home with his loving family by his side.

Jim is survived by his loving wife, Eva Dixon; son, James A. Jim proudly served in the U. Army for many years. He retired from Walmart in Watkins Glen as a maintenance supervisor.

A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, June 20 at Those wishing to send a message of sympathy may visit the Blauvelt Facebook page or send a private message of sympathy at www. Jeff retired from Robert Packer Hospital, where he worked for over 40 years. He loved to fish, and enjoyed gardening and music.

He was predeceased by his father, and by a step sister, Debbie Rice. Family and friends are invited to call on Monday, June 18 from 12 noon-2 p.

Funeral services will begin at 2: To leave the family a message of condolence, or to light a "Candle of Remembrance," please visit www. She was born on December 5, , the daughter of the late William J. She was predeceased by her brother, William J. She is survived by her husband of 54 years, Fay C. Family and friends are invited to gather on Saturday, June 23 from 12 noon-4 p. James was born June 22, to Edith M.

Minsterman and James Albert Root. He served in the U. Army from to in Italy and North Africa. He served as a pioneer clearing mine fields and transporting ammunition. He acquired his pilot's license in Elmira. James was a very brilliant person, and could still remember all of his school teachers. He was a jack of all trades -- farmer, engineer, carpenter, cabinet maker, and electrician.

James was preceded in death by his spouse, Wanda A. Holmes; daughter, Nancy E. A Celebration of Life will be held from 10 a.

He was predeceased by a son, Tim Grantier, and son-in-law, Anthony Patrignani. Relatives and friends are invited to attend a graveside service on Friday, June 8 at Karen had a love for nature. She enjoyed traveling with her friends and photography. Above all else, she loved spending time with family. She is survived by her son, Dennis J. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Saturday, June 9 from A memorial service will follow at Jay Robert 'Bob' Kelchner.

He is also survived by his sister, Patricia S. Miller of Denver, CO and his grandchildren and extended family members. He was predeceased by his first wife, Susan Jones Kelchner. He worked for Eastman Kodak Co. Rochester , Pall Trinity Micro Corp.

Cortland , Hilliard Corp. Elmira , and Cornell University Ithaca. He was a certified manufacturing engineer and holder of four U. Envelopes with addresses will be provided at the church. William and Alta Jaynes. Pauline passed away peacefully surrounded by family on May 26, at the age of Mother to two children, William and Patricia Dennis , she is survived by grandchildren Danielle, Gregory, Paul and Bryce; great grandchildren Benjamin and Natalie; brother, John, along with many nieces and nephews.

Pauline was a lifelong member of the Catholic Church, dedicating her life to God and family. Her contagious laugh, love and kindness will be missed. Her viewing will be held from 9: Russell was born in Brampton, Ontario on May 1, and moved to the United States with his family in Russell was kind, gentle and caring and will be greatly missed by his family and friends.

He had a great sense of humor, could converse knowledgeably on almost any topic and was often found at his computer. For the last several months he had been working to renovate a historic house in Montour Falls. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Sunday, June 3 from 2: His funeral service will begin at 4: In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the charity of your choice. Mike was an avid outdoorsman who loved to hunt and fish. He also loved playing horseshoes with family and friends.

He was a mason tender Union of Ithaca. Anna Mae Collins Elmo. Age 87, of Trumansburg, passed away on Saturday, May 26, Anna Mae loved to babysit. The last children that she babysat for were her grandchildren, Taylor and Turner.

She was a wonderful person, who enjoyed spending time with her family and friends, especially her brother Merle Collins and his late wife, Sue. She was predeceased by her husband, John Elmo. Relatives and friends are invited to call on Thursday, May 31 from p. A funeral service will follow at 6 p. What were the standard colors of CPRR passenger cars and depots? I just came across an old newspaper article which referred to a depot roof being painted "regulation" red by CPRR painters, and the folks at the California State Railway Museum chose to paint the depot there two-toned green.

Could these have been the colors? Doesn't anybody know, either from old lithos, work orders, or writings? This might make a great topic for your website. I'm mixing paints and viewing them side by side thru the viewfinder. Red and Green look dark, yellow looks white. Orange and light green come out identically medium.

Increasingly lighter shades of green become lighter. In the numerous photos on the CPRR Museum site, there appear to be two distinct shades of passenger cars, particularly evident in those photos when they appear in the same train. My guess based on my simple experimenting is that the light cars were yellow while the somewhat darker cars were either orange or light green. This suggests that there was a change at some point.

I'm thinking that maybe the CPRR started out with yellow cars probably called "orange" by one of the Big Four , but since the Union Pacific colors were yellow and red, decided to go with something more distinctive. It's a wonder that nobody has analyzed the paint layers or traces of whatever old CPRR cars might remain. The article appears in the Berkeley Herald of April 5, Review of my own records last evening indicates that the SP took over the operation of the Berkeley Branch Railroad from the Central Pacific in , nine years before.

Thus, a question remains about whose "regulation" dictated the painting of the red roof. SP's regulation roof color was moss green according to all the sources I've seen. And there's a possibility that SP retained the "regulation" CPRR colors for the Berkeley branchline until it began constructing its own standard depots. Oddly, no article seems to have appeared announcing the change, but it's obvious when comparing old photos and plats. I'm not sure this leaves us any closer to resolving the CPRR paint color mystery.

I'm astounded and mystified why nobody at the time—it seems—described the colors. So the green and red component of colors would likely register as grey with your black and white videocamera, but black in prints made from glass plate negatives with the late 's to early 's collodion emulsion.

Green is comparable, but visibly slightly lighter. I tested for a darker green using evergreen tree foliage and a mature ivy leaf, and in the viewfinder, they're indistinguishable from red. In the light, however, ivy leaves can appear whitish AND black, depending on which is in the sunlight. An s photo of the old Berkeley CP depot includes ivy in the foreground, and the same effect is apparent.

I found no difference between dull and lighted red, so in full sunlight, some difference between red and green would probably be apparent in old BW photos, except in the case of a dull, non-shiny dark green—such as a classic Pullman.

Incidentally, in the photo mentioned above, the small depot appears to have a two-tone paint scheme on its walls with a horizontal dividing line exactly halfway up. The tone above is very light, but not white, suggesting it's light green or yellow.

The color below is only slightly darker, but distinct, suggesting a darker light green or yellow. I'm inclined to go with the two-toned light green in view of the way the restored Sacramento CP depot was painted although I have yet to discover why the restorers decided on those colors. I'd like to check the BW appearance of the Sacramento depot with my videocam to compare the tones.

BTW, I understand that there are two other surviving CP depots, one in Auburn and the other in Chico—someone ought to analyze their paint layers, if they haven't already. What was the average rate of railroad construction? The rate of progress varied greatly from about a foot a day when blasting through rock in the summit tunnel to the world's record of ten miles in one day.

The number of miles of road constructed and accepted during each governmental fiscal year is as follows: The first map of definite location of this road, "from Sacramento, Cal. Maps of construction have been filed, with affidavits of the chief engineer of the company, bearing the dates following: The number of miles constructed during each fiscal year was as follows: I understand there are two summits to cross with the southern route, but was that really enough reason to use that horrible northern route?

It's interesting that even though Judah had crossed the summit dozens of times looking for a good route, and undoubtedly knew of the Donner Trail, that Doc Strong was able to convince him that the route from Dutch Flat to Donner Pass was the best route across the Sierras.

Actually he performed barometric surveys on at least five routes which he briefly describes in his Chief Engineers Report. Modern day railroad engineers continue to proclaim that if the route was to be selected today it would essentially be in the same location as it is now as it is still the most practical crossing of the Sierras from Sacramento.

It was and still is considered by many engineers as a brilliant piece of location engineering especially when one considers it was made over years ago. I would suggest your correspondent read and study Judah's Chief Engineer's Report as it may help his understanding of the problems and conditions that were considered and the reasons Judah made the decisions he did.

It remains at a lower altitude for much of the distance as it crosses the Pacific Crest, so the significant problems resulting from heavy snowfall would have been lessened.

They would have had snow, but less of it. And it is likely Judah did not realize the extent of the problems caused by snow, and thus did not make it a consideration in his decision making process.

However, despite the advantages, the overwhelming obstacle to the Placerville Route was the double summits. I believe this was of paramount importance to Judah, and for good reason. Moving a heavy train up and over the summit of the Sierras is a time consuming and expensive task. Doing it twice, when it is not necessary, would be unthinkable. I am not sure that Placerville would be a good second choice.

Astute railroad historian Wendell Huffman suggests the Henness Pass route may have been more practical than the Donner Route. Certainly the second summit Dog Valley around Crystal Peak would have been much less of an obstacle than that the second summit on the Placerville Route. And had one been willing to add more mileage to the Henness Pass route, they could have looped southward and followed the same Truckee River Canyon. So, there were other alignments that may have been better than the Placerville Route.

The natural ramp up the western slope of the Sierra, via Dutch Flat, provides a " practical " route to the Pacific Crest. And once the grade reaches Truckee, the descent down the Truckee River Canyon into Nevada is an easy one. Once there, the alignment is perfect to progress east.

The most amazing engineering in my opinion, is the alignment that took place between Summit Valley and Horseshoe Bend. The current alignment is one of the most direct, and passes within the immediate area of the Nevada mines, an important concern at the time.

So, do I think the Donner Route is the best? Was there a better route? Maybe, but I doubt it. Do I think the Placerville Route was a better choice? I think it was Mead Kibbey that relayed a statement made by the Chief Engineer of the Southern Pacific Railroad "with a few minor changes, the current route is the best known. It was said that Judah never even examined the Placerville route and traveled it only once on his way back to Sacramento from Virginia City.

From August until July , Judah expected and advocated the route through either Nobles Pass or the Madeline Plains for the railroad.

This was the route surveyed by Edward G. Beckwith for the US Army. The discovery of the Comstock—while Judah was in Washington DC—made the high cost of a route directly through the central Sierra appear financially feasible. Remember—engineers could put a railroad almost anywhere—Mt. Washington, Pikes Peak, etc. Engineers spoke of practicality, but but the ultimate measure of practicality was money. Engineers in general—and Judah in particular—looked upon railroads as tools to move money from other people's pockets into their own.

The business they did secure was bound for Idaho. It is my contention that the CP would have been more profitable had they followed Judah's original route up the Sacramento Valley and around the north end of the Sierra Nevada. They would have avoided the very expensive construction in the mountains, would have accumulated federal bonds faster, would have carried even more of the Idaho traffic, and would not have generated the opposition of the other parties engaged in the Virginia City trade.

And, had they done that, they would probably have been well east of the Watsatch Mountains when they finally met the Union Pacific. Sadly, the principals of the Central Pacific RR knew no more of their future than we know of ours.

Lassen's trail used first by emigrants to California in connected the Applegate road which ran from the California trail near modern Lovelock, Nv to southwest Oregon at Goose Lake in northeastern California and wandered southward until it hit the headwaters of the Feather River and then turned west toward the Sacramento Valley.

So, for about five or ten miles, these two routes into California followed the same trace, with emigrants using the Lassen trail going south and those on the Nobles trail going the opposite direction. Who went which way depended upon point of origin and point of destination- -and what ignorance of topography any particular traveler subscribed to.

The point being that California's mix of roads and confusion is nothing new. And, to bring this back to railroads: Their interest in the Comstock cost the company the animosity of those already engaged in the Comstock trade which translated into lost income and lost local financing and the high cost of building and operating a railroad across the Sierra at feet.

Had they stuck with Judah's pre plan, they would have crossed the mountains over a thousand feet lower over less rugged terrain, they would have likely received more local funding, have built track faster and received federal bonds for track built faster , have carried more of the Idaho commerce which was essentially all they carried into , and probably would have reached the eastern side of the Sierra a couple years earlier which would have netted them the Comstock trade sooner.

And, they may have met the Union Pacific near Cheyenne rather than Promontory which, if nothing else would have gotten them coal but may actually have kept the UP out of Oregon and Southern California. Did the CPRR actually own the land "granted" or did they have to patent it to gain ownership? There were different Congressional Grants made to allow construction of the transcontinental railroad.

The railroad cannot sell any of the main line right of way. If the railroad now UPRR was ever to abandon any right of way, it would revert back to the government. The "Section Lands" are a different matter. In order to encourage the building of the transcontinental railroad, Congress granted in fee CP alternating Sections of land 20 alternate Sections per mile out from the main line corridor.

The government kept the other alternating Sections of land, thereby benefiting, as the construction of the railroad increased the value of the railroad's Section Lands and the Government's. Thus, the main line operating right of way varies in width is not patented in the railroad and reverts to the Government on cessation of use. The Section Lands are patented in the railroad fee title. For each 40 miles of railroad built, the Section Lands were patented to the railroad.

The patents to the land were not recorded in the County recorders office, but in the U. This created some subsequent confusion for title companies in their issuance of title to purchasers who had no idea that it was grant land. The Act granted alternating Sections 10 miles out from the main line right of way, and the Act amended that to 20 miles on each side of the right of way. I understand that location maps had to be filed before the land was granted, and that the granted properties could not contain minerals except for iron or coal.

I found in my personal experience that many of the deeds conveying land to SPRR for instance, were deeds from private individuals. Many of those properties were not only for the right of way itself, but for other property holdings adjoining the right of way in excess of what was need for railroad operations. In other words, if the railroad needed a 60 foot wide right of way for instance, they would acquire the lands in the path the railroad was to traverse and not just acquire a 60 foot wide strip of property, but all of a land parcel owned by someone if that is what was needed to get the railroad built.

These land grants covered a portion of the right of way that was owned by SPRR. The non-railroad land holding companies were not subject to ICC scrutiny and could be merged into the parent company, whereas the SP as a railroad operating company needed the ICC's blessing to be merged with the ATSF. SP was held in a voting trust during the merger proceedings, its plant slowly decaying as little or no money was put into the SP during this time. Thus, when Santa Fe Southern Pacific Corp sold the SP to Phil Anschutz in , they kept the non-railroad land assets mentioned above, however, the core railroad lands the rights of way, station grounds, switching yards went with the SP to Anschutz.

Anyway, a brief synopsis of the huge sucking sound that started the decimation of the SP. On the val map itself or on a separate map, there would be a "Schedule of Property" that would show each parcel and provide the specifics of who sold the property to the railroad and the specific date and recording information.

For informational purposes only. This website does not offer legal advice, and the above information may not apply to your real estate situation. It is imperative that you seek the services of a qualified real estate attorney if the need arises.

Links courtesy Bruce C. It is of an extreme atrocity perpetrated by the railroad. This photo shows several men with their rifles posing in front of the dead pile as someone who'd just shot and killed a trophy buck. I know that I saw this photo. It has been years ago, though. The rumor that your library patron heard is totally incorrect. The Chinese who built the transcontinental railroad were not murdered.

Instead they mostly continued building railroads, for example, the line from northern to southern California via the San Joaquin Valley. Some returned to China. Regrettably, there certainly was virulent anti-Chinese sentiment in 19th century California , and there were some riots in which Chinese were killed , but not related to the railroad or its workers.

Nineteen Chinese died in an riot in Los Angeles' Chinatown at Calle de los Negros, near the Plaza which is four hundred miles south of the first transcontinental railroad. There is also a commonly repeated myth that large numbers of Chinese died building the Central Pacific Railroad.

Claims that thousands were killed appear to be wildly inaccurate — we have not been able to find documentation of more than about 50 casualties resulting from the CPRR construction. It is unfortunate that such rumors abound, but perhaps this results in part from the paucity of information, as no first hand accounts of the Chinese railroad workers' experiences are known to exist.

The reason that you have not been able to find such an image on the CPRR Museum website is that this rumored event never happened on the Central Pacific Railroad! To the contrary, a reporter for the San Francisco Newsletter, May 15th, , described the final moments of the celebration at Promontory: Strobridge, when the work was all over, invited the Chinese who had been brought over from Victory for that purpose, to dine at his boarding car.

When they entered, all the guests and officers present cheered them as the chosen representatives of the race which have greatly helped to build the road Federal troops restored order and remained in Rock Springs until One website reports quoting Colonel George M. Totten that in there was a mass suicide of Chinese Coolie laborers on the Panama Railroad following a tropical fever outbreak and an ill advised decision to abruptly cut off the workers' opium supply, but primary sources would need to be verified.

Where there railroad price wars? To that end, William Vanderbilt, the president of the New York Central, decided to invade the Pennsylvania Railroad's territory by building an alternate route to Pittsburgh. If someone was travelling from New York City to San Francisco in , what station would they leave from? What is known about Emigrant Trains? All others were in located in Jersey City, Hobeken, and Weehawken. Passengers took ferries across the Hudson River to to New Jersey to reach them.

Barclay street runs out of Broadway westerly. Take Broadway and 7th Avenue cars. Also for Hoboken, foot of Christopher street, from 5 A. From 8 to 12 P. Robert Louis Stevenson 's description of his transcontinental railroad trip, Across the Plains , documents his departure from New York via ferry to Jersey City as follows:.

An emigrant ship had arrived at New York on the Saturday night, another on the Sunday morning, our own on Sunday afternoon, a fourth early on Monday; and as there is no emigrant train on Sunday a great part of the passengers from these four ships was concentrated on the train by which I was to travel.

There was a babel of bewildered men, women, and children. The wretched little booking-office, and the baggage-room, which was not much larger, were crowded thick with emigrants, and were heavy and rank with the atmosphere of dripping clothes.

Open carts full of bedding stood by the half-hour in the rain. The officials loaded each other with recriminations. A bearded, mildewed little man, whom I take to have been an emigrant agent, was all over the place, his mouth full of brimstone, blustering and interfering.

It was plain that the whole system, if system there was, had utterly broken down under the strain of so many passengers. My own ticket was given me at once, and an oldish man, who preserved his head in the midst of this turmoil, got my baggage registered, and counselled me to stay quietly where I was till he should give me the word to move. I had taken along with me a small valise, a knapsack, which I carried on my shoulders, and in the bag of my railway rug the whole of Bancroft's History of the United States , in six fat volumes.

It was as much as I could carry with convenience even for short distances, but it insured me plenty of clothing, and the valise was at that moment, and often after, useful for a stool.

I am sure I sat for an hour in the baggage- room, and wretched enough it was; yet, when at last the word was passed to me and I picked up my bundles and got under way, it was only to exchange discomfort for downright misery and danger. I followed the porters into a long shed reaching downhill from West Street to the river. It was dark, the wind blew clean through it from end to end; and here I found a great block of passengers and baggage, hundreds of one and tons of the other.

I feel I shall have a difficulty to make myself believed; and certainly the scene must have been exceptional, for it was too dangerous for daily repetition. It was a tight jam; there was no fair way through the mingled mass of brute and living obstruction. Into the upper skirts of the crowd porters, infuriated by hurry and overwork, clove their way with shouts.

I may say that we stood like sheep, and that the porters charged among us like so many maddened sheep- dogs; and I believe these men were no longer answerable for their acts. It mattered not what they were carrying, they drove straight into the press, and when they could get no farther, blindly discharged their barrowful.

With my own hand, for instance, I saved the life of a child as it sat upon its mother's knee, she sitting on a box; and since I heard of no accident, I must suppose that there were many similar interpositions in the course of the evening. It will give some idea of the state of mind to which we were reduced if I tell you that neither the porter nor the mother of the child paid the least attention to my act. It was not till some time after that I understood what I had done myself, for to ward off heavy boxes seemed at the moment a natural incident of human life.

Cold, wet, clamour, dead opposition to progress, such as one encounters in an evil dream, had utterly daunted the spirits. We had accepted this purgatory as a child accepts the conditions of the world. For my part, I shivered a little, and my back ached wearily; but I believe I had neither a hope nor a fear, and all the activities of my nature had become tributary to one massive sensation of discomfort.

At length, and after how long an interval I hesitate to guess, the crowd began to move, heavily straining through itself. About the same time some lamps were lighted, and threw a sudden flare over the shed. We were being filtered out into the river boat for Jersey City. You may imagine how slowly this filtering proceeded, through the dense, choking crush, every one overladen with packages or children, and yet under the necessity of fishing out his ticket by the way; but it ended at length for me, and I found myself on deck under a flimsy awning and with a trifle of elbow-room to stretch and breathe in.

This was on the starboard; for the bulk of the emigrants stuck hopelessly on the port side, by which we had entered. In vain the seamen shouted to them to move on, and threatened them with shipwreck. These poor people were under a spell of stupor, and did not stir a foot. It rained as heavily as ever, but the wind now came in sudden claps and capfuls, not without danger to a boat so badly ballasted as ours; and we crept over the river in the darkness, trailing one paddle in the water like a wounded duck, and passed ever and again by huge, illuminated steamers running many knots, and heralding their approach by strains of music.

The contrast between these pleasure embarkations and our own grim vessel, with her list to port and her freight of wet and silent emigrants, was of that glaring description which we count too obvious for the purposes of art.

The landing at Jersey City was done in a stampede. I had a fixed sense of calamity, and to judge by conduct, the same persuasion was common to us all. A panic selfishness, like that produced by fear, presided over the disorder of our landing. People pushed, and elbowed, and ran, their families following how they could. Children fell, and were picked up to be rewarded by a blow.

One child, who had lost her parents, screamed steadily and with increasing shrillness, as though verging towards a fit; an official kept her by him, but no one else seemed so much as to remark her distress; and I am ashamed to say that I ran among the rest.

I was so weary that I had twice to make a halt and set down my bundles in the hundred yards or so between the pier and the railway station, so that I was quite wet by the time that I got under cover. There was no waiting-room, no refreshment room; the cars were locked; and for at least another hour, or so it seemed, we had to camp upon the draughty, gaslit platform. I sat on my valise, too crushed to observe my neighbours; but as they were all cold, and wet, and weary, and driven stupidly crazy by the mismanagement to which we had been subjected, I believe they can have been no happier than myself.

I bought half-a-dozen oranges from a boy, for oranges and nuts were the only refection to be had. As only two of them had even a pretence of juice, I threw the other four under the cars, and beheld, as in a dream, grown people and children groping on the track after my leavings. At last we were admitted into the cars, utterly dejected, and far from dry.

For my own part, I got out a clothes-brush, and brushed my trousers as hard as I could till I had dried them and warmed my blood into the bargain; but no one else, except my next neighbour to whom I lent the brush, appeared to take the least precaution. As they were, they composed themselves to sleep. I had seen the lights of Philadelphia, and been twice ordered to change carriages and twice countermanded, before I allowed myself to follow their example.

Many travellers continued their trip across the continent via Chicago. As a result, Chicago became the nation's most important 'jumping off' place for millions of people migrating west over the next fifty years.

Memories of the Old West by Thaddeus J. Later, the boy was told that an emigrant train from the West would arrive at two o'clock and there when it stopped to solicit business for the house.

This particular train had been put on to give early settlers in California a chance to go East for the first time by rail at reduced rates. It was, therefore, unusually well patronized. There was a bitter rivalry between the railroad eating-house and the Major's establishment, and bad feeling had existed for a long time. It seems the railroad company owned all the land for two hundred feet on each side of the track, and the Major had been warned to keep off.

This he refused to do, and the company had sent out a detective and gunman from Omaha to prevent trespassing. He and the Major met one day, and the latter came away with a bullet in his arm. This explained his keeping the arm in the sling. The Major, therefore, cautioned the boy to "keep his eyes peeled" and be on the lookout for the runner from the Railroad House.

That night, when the time came for retiring, the boy asked Mrs. L where he would find a bed. She turned on him with disgust. Since the previous job had made blankets a necessity, he was well equipped, and soon produced them; whereupon the woman opened a door, and said, "Here's your room. The next morning he got an early start in the store with brooms and dusters, and this routine continued for a week or more. With great disgust the Major met the price, but in a few days he had more cause for complaint, for he was startled to hear: Tommy Meehan comments further about Emigrant Trains: During the interim period all processing was out of the Barge Office at the Battery.

The agents were there to assemble passengers into trainload groups, get them loaded onto vessels In the early years, s to about or so, I believe the trains were scheduled, though in most cases only persons holding immigrant tickets could board them. On the Erie the 'Immigrant Train' I've seen it spelled both ways was the last long-haul passenger train to operate through the Piermont terminal after the changeover to Exchange Place in After the huge increase in immigration from about until In addition the Erie immigrant trains of the later years operated from a special track at Pavonia Terminal in Jersey City, located north of the regular passenger concourse.

Erie employees were regularly reminded via the company magazine that the immigrants provided good business to the road and were entitled to be treated with respect and dignity at all times. Dan Cupper, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania comments that " In some cases, PRR ran solid emigrant trains as extras but for the most part, emigrants traveled in separate coaches coupled to No.

Various timetables show connections for Cleveland and Columbus but not Indianapolis or St. You can find evidence of the use of this train for emigrant travel in the Altoona newspapers i. They were mostly Italians. As for what influenced emigrant's choice of route, the evidence insofar as PRR is concerned points specifically to three influences: The railroad employed a force of sales agents who attempted to direct passengers to the PRR. The publication listed 29 steamship companies whose vessels these men would meet.

The railroad's own internal investigation in the s into the origin of its keystone logo turned up the fact that one of its earliest uses was on a placard advertising the PRR to arriving emigrants. Of course, few could read English, but the idea was to use the keystone shape as a brand identifier. Many emigrants gave verbal testimony to the fact that they were traveling to reach family or friends who had already emigrated to the United States and settled. Thus, the location of these prior emigres dictated the choice of route.

Western Pennsylvania, with its heavy concentration of eastern and southern Europeans working in the iron, steel, and coal industries, made PRR a preferred route for many of these travelers. The family members or friends may, in fact, have sent for them — i. Adrian Ettlinger summarizes that " And, obviously, eastern roads, both the PRR and the Erie, did a lot of emigrant business.

It does seem apparent that, while the great majority of emigrant passengers may have under a 'group arrangement' organized by companies that specialized in the 'emigrant forwarding' business, it does certainly appear that any individual who wanted to save money and 'rough it' could buy an emigrant class ticket and travel in that manner.

Robert Louis Stevenson, from Kyle's info, obviously traveled on the Burlington Curious as to how the three routes competed, I checked out an Official Guide , and it's remarkable how close they were as to their fastest train schedules. All three had 'expresses' which left Chicago at The Rock Island shows a 9: The Burlington shows an arrival at 'U. Perhaps a ploy by the Burlington to look faster. Transfer was on the east side of the river.

Which leads to a further question. I'd mentioned previously how Maury Klein in his UP history describes the 'Omaha Bridge Transfer' which resulted from an inability of the railroads and the cities of Omaha and Council Bluffs to agree on where the transfer point would be, so that the advantages of the bridge were seriously compromised for a time, in that two transfers were needed, just as had been the situation with the ferry. This situation seems to have prevailed until , when a Federal Court ruling, upheld by the Supreme Court, declared that the bridge was an integral part of the UP, and the UP's eastern terminus was in Council Bluff.

Klein describes how those two roads paid tolls to the UP for use of the bridge, but the Burlington objected, so terminated its trains at 'UP Transfer. Chris Baer explains that: The PRR had emigrant trains from at least the very early s and had an Emigrant Agent who traveled abroad to solicit business.

The early emigrant trains are listed in the timetables published in Philadelphia newspapers, indicating that they probably did some business carrying people who had already been in the country at least a while but wanted to go west. They appear to have gone no farther than Pittsburgh, where emigrants would have a choice of steamboats and other connections. As has been mentioned already, it would appear that these trains ceased to be advertised in domestic newspapers, possibly by the time of the depression which reduced immigration, as well as in public timetables.

They may have been listed as second class trains in employee timetables, but I have never seen any from this period. Later, they may have run irregularly as extras.

The PRR's emigrant business was always handled at Jersey City, since after the Immigration Station was moved from Castle Garden at the Battery to Ellis Island, people could run directly to the station by boat without going into the city. There was an emigrant waiting room in one of the piers adjacent to the PRR station at least as late as the s. The PRR's book form Lines West employee timetable in the late s and early s advertises occasional trains for homesteaders, presumably from the near Midwest, who wish to relocate to the Plains, Oklahoma, etc.

Trains for immigrants from Europe must have been advertised in special flyers and handbills that were distributed in ports. Bernie Sennstrom wrote that: The roster of emigrant cars decreased over time until when remaining emigrant cars were scrapped. There were no special emigrant trains I'm aware of.

Emigrant cars were attached to regular through passenger trains. Kyle Williams Wyatt remarks that "I believe it was in the s that Pullman introduced their Tourist Cars to tap into this middle class market.

Pullman used both downgraded Pullman cars and purpose built cars. These new cars were very plain with little decoration — but did have somewhat more comfortable amenities than the emigrant cars — for instance the seats were padded. Railroads Shipped by Sea by Wendell Huffman states: Although sailing across the bay and delta and up the Sacramento River presented far fewer hazards than sailing around Cape Horn, this endeavor was not without its occasional mishap. Due to accidents, at least one load of rail ended up in the bay, and another load was lost into the Sacramento River.

The information I have regarding the locomotive going into the Hudson River comes from a letter from C. Crocker of 21 March It was on a lighter. Most likely all came by "lighter" — either coastal schooners or canal boats.

These locomotives were invoiced as followed: Presumably these were the dates they left the factories. Perhaps the 66 should be removed from the list of possibilities — depending upon how long we imagine it took to carry a locomotive from Boston to New York. The 64, 80, 81, and 84 departed New York harbor on the "Prima Donna" on April 4; the 65 sailed on the "Fleetford" on April 7; and the 66 went on the "Favorita" on April It doesn't appear that any of these engines was long delayed between factory and ship.

Since the mishap occured on 20 March, the locomotive was possibly one being loaded on the "Prima Donna", and perhaps because of the accident it missed sailing and was the one the 65 which departed on the "Fleetford" a few days later. But I think that is reading too much into the scant data. In any event, no locomotive invoiced during this period failed to depart New York for California. The locomotive is not still on the bottom of the Hudson River.

Certainly salvage operators of that era had the capability to retrieve items from shallow waters, and they clearly did so with whichever locomotive took an unscheduled bath. Coast-to-coast sleeping cars in the USA. City of San Francisco: All the cars were 10 roomettes, 6 double bedrooms, except one of the cars on the 20th Century Limited-Super Chief and the car on the 20th Century Limited-Broadway Limited, which were 4 compartment, 4 double bedrooms, 2 drawing room.

Foxy's Lounge in Altoona, reviews by real people. Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what's great and not so great in Altoona and. remaining hours at Pomp- ton negotiating with Jenkins over a proposed swap of automobiles. he fought Al Grayber in Altoona and Harry Greb in Pittsburgh. Duellator • 10 a.m. Painter Rd Altoona, AL If you want a friend to take your place you should be able to swap registrations on the.